Terms and Conditions
These terms and conditions form the basis of the contract between Pippin and Gile and you and cannot be changed, unless in writing by Pippin and Gile.
- Pippin and Gile will reserve course places for 24 hours if payment is via bank transfer, otherwise Pippin and Gile is not able to reserve places on courses without payment in full.
- Spaces on Tales in the Tipi and Pre-School explore will be held until the event, and can be paid in cash, however one no-show with less than one weeks notice will exclude you from this exemption.
- All available course places are booked on a first come first served basis.
- We cannot be held responsible for the delivery or clearing of funds, either in full or part.
- We reserve the right to change, alter or adapt our accepted payment methods.
- We reserve the right to refuse any booking without giving a reason.
Changing your Booking
- You can make changes to your booking providing any changes are made more than 8 weeks before the date of your course.
- Pippin and Gile will apply the price that was in place at the time of your original booking to your revised one.
- There will be an administrative charge of 10% of the course cost for this service.
- If you make changes less than 8 weeks before the date of your course, Pippin and Gile will treat it as a cancellation.
Cancellation by You
Please telephone immediately if you have to cancel your course. On the same day you should send us a written explanation and proof of the reason for your cancellation.
- If you cancel more than 8 weeks before the date of your course, 50% of the booking fee will be refunded.
- If you cancel less than 8 weeks before the date of your course, Pippin and Gile will only refund the balance, less an administration fee of 10%, for the following reasons:
- Accident or illness to you or any member of the party included on your booking – on production of confirmation from a GP/consultant,
- Death or disablement of you or any member of your party or a close relative – on production of a copy of the death certificate or GP/consultant’s letter,
- Jury or witness services in a Court of Law – on production of call-up notification,
- Redundancy – on production of employer’s notice.
- If none of the above reasons apply, all monies will be automatically lost.
- If Pippin and Gile does not receive the relevant copy documents prior to your course start date regarding one of the above reasons, no refund will be made.
- Pippin and Gile strongly recommend that you take out an appropriate insurance policy.
- Refunds are made by BACS.
Cancellation by Pippin and Gile
Whilst we will make every effort to run our courses as scheduled, there may be exceptional circumstances (e.g. an outbreak of Foot and Mouth disease, extreme weather) when we are forced to cancel a booking. In these circumstances, an alternative date will be offered; if an alternative is not available, or doesn’t suit you, a full refund will be offered.
Insurance & Liability
- Pippin and Gile has £5,000,000 of Public Liability Insurance with Activities Industry Mutual.
- The courses take place in woodland in all weather conditions. You acknowledge that these environments are never completely risk free. Whilst Pippin and Gile makes every effort to minimise risks, we will not be held liable for accidents, mishaps or losses that are not a result of negligence on the part of Pippin and Gile or for any accidents or losses which are due to your failure to follow our instructions.
- Pippin and Gile cannot be held responsible for any losses or damage to your personal belongings, clothing, money or vehicle unless due to our negligence.
- Pippin and Gile recommends that you consider taking out your own personal insurance if you require it.
- Pippin and Gile will not be responsible for any accidents or mishaps occurring to third parties taught by you.
- If you have a complaint, you should approach us first; this will allow for a speedy remedy of the complaint.
- If you feel you have a complaint after the end of the course you must put it in writing within 14 days of the course ending.
- We will not be liable for any complaints received after 14 days of the course ending.
- Any complaints received will be dealt with on an individual basis.
- It is your responsibility to ensure that you arrive at the designated meeting point in a timely manner in order to be able to join the course.
- We expect you to behave in such a way as to not jeopardise the enjoyment or the safety of others.
- You must not use foul or abusive language.
- You must not make statements of a racist, sexist, homophobic or defamatory nature.
- No aggressive behaviour.
- No alcohol or illegal drugs are permitted.
- You may not bring any pets to any of our courses.
- You are responsible for bringing adequate clothing and equipment to the course.
- You must comply with all reasonable instructions and directions from us.
- No cutting tools can be used until we are satisfied that you have been fully instructed in their safe use.
- You are not to cut any living tree, or part of a living tree, without our express consent.
- No fires are to be lit without our express consent.
- Fires must not be left unattended at any time.
- You are responsible for any equipment issued to you during the course, and will be liable for loss or breakage due to misuse.
- You must inform us of any relevant medical conditions.
Failure to comply with the above is likely to result in you being removed from the course, without refund. Pippin and Gile will not be liable for any subsequent losses.
- You agree that any photographs or videos taken while with Pippin and Gile can be used by us in any way we deem appropriate.
- You must inform us in writing prior to the start of the course that you do not wish yourself or your charge to be photographed or videoed. This should also be mentioned on arrival to the instructor(s).
- If you or your charge participate in photographs or videos you or they will automatically forfeit the right to have your image withheld.